2021 Summer Reading Lists and Information
Rising 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades Summer Reading Requirements
- Read and record at least 5 books of your Choice. (Make sure your 5 books are on your accelerated reader leve. Go to www.arbookfind.com to check.)
Get the Reading Log HERE
You are to pick 1 of your favorite books and choose 1 idea below……
This is due on the 1st day of school for a reading grade and to share with the class. Have fun and be creative!!!
- 1 written report with the form provided – Click HERE for the form
- 1 poster decorated about your book, including the title, author, and of course your name.
- 1 shoebox decorated about your book with the title, author, and of course your name.
Rising 6th, 7th and 8th Grades Summer Reading Requirements
Students should read one book of 100 pages or more and prepare a book report. This book is the student’s own choosing, should have appropriate school text, and must be within the student’s AR reading level. The book report must be turned in to Mrs. Rhonda Byce on the first day of school or can be turned in to her during Open House. The book report should include the following information:
- Student’s name
- Date the book report was completed
- Book title (underlined)
- Number of pages in the book
- Three paragraph summary of the book
- Fourth paragraph stating if the student would recommend this book to a friend and why or why not (4 total paragraphs)
This book report will be the student’s first Language arts grade of the school year. It must be turned in on or before the first day of school in order to receive credit. The book report can be hand written or typed (double space, 12 font, Times New Roman).
You may also complete a reading log on notebook paper listing all of the books you read this summer, with authors’ names, and the dates you finished reading each book. Reading logs should be signed by a parent or guardian in order to receive credit. This will be for extra credit and must also be turned in on the first day of school or during Open House.