2023 Summer Reading Lists and Information
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades Summer Reading Requirements
- Rising 1st: Read and record at least 10 books of your Choice.
- Rising 2nd: Read and record at least 10 books of your Choice.
- Rising 3rd: Read and record at least 5 books of your Choice.
- Rising 4th: Read and record at least 5 books of your Choice.
- Rising 5th: Read and record at least 5 books of your Choice.
(Make sure your 5 books are on your accelerated reader level. Go to www.arbookfind.com to check.)
You are to pick 1 of your favorite books and choose 1 idea below……
This is due on the 1st day of school for a reading grade and to share with the class. Have fun and be creative!!!
- 1 written report with the form provided – Click HERE for the form
- 1 poster decorated about your book, including the title, author, and of course your name.
- 1 shoebox decorated about your book with the title, author, and of course your name.
Rising 6th Graders
Students should read one book of approximately 100 pages. This book is the student’s own choosing, should have appropriate school text, and must be within the student’s AR reading level.
CHOOSE 1 OF THE FOLLOWING FOR YOUR BOOK TO BE TURNED IN ON 8-10-2022, or the 1st Day of school:
- Written Book Report, ser the form provided HERE , or
- Poster about your book, or
- Shoe box project about your book.
On 8-10-2022 or the 1st day of school, be prepared to share with your class about your book. This book Report/project will be your 1st grade in Reading.