Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program
The GOAL Program is a remarkable and important opportunity provided to Georgians by our elected officials.
In exchange for contributions to Georgia GOAL, our partner Student Scholarship Organization, taxpayers receive a 100% state income tax credit!
This is a proven opportunity that is a win-win-win for taxpayer donors, scholarship recipients, and our school community. By simply contributing to Georgia GOAL for a 100% Georgia income tax credit – in other words, by contributing with dollars you must spend anyway, you will help maximize financial aid for deserving families desiring to receive a Nathanael Greene Academy education.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $5,000
- Married couple filing separate returns – up to $2,500
- Pass-Through Owner (not making HB 149 election) – $25,000
- C Corp, Trust, or Pass-Through electing to pay tax at the entity level(HB 149)* – 75% of annual tax liability
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Apply Now: Complete the 2021 OR 2022 GOAL Tax Credit Application today at www.goalscholarship.org (takes just 20 seconds!).
- GOAL Submits to DOR: GOAL submits your 2023 application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) immediately, and your 2023 application on the first business day of January 2022.
- Approved to Contribute: By mid-January GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline.
- Make Payment: Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval ( by mid-March 2023).
- Take the Credit: GOAL will send you Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) in May 2023 for claiming the credit on your Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit on the income tax return for the year in which you make the payment).
Please contact Susan Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thank you for your support of Nathanael Greene Academy!